Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 22...I think...

So after a depressing plateau, yesterday I decided to eat only six apples, as my Releana guide suggested.

It. Sucked.

Pretty much, even if I was told I could only eat something like bread for one day, and nothing else, even that would taste blah by the end of the day. I baked one of the apples with cinnamon for dessert, but it really didn't help. In the end I couldn't even force down the sixth.

Oh well, at least it worked. I lost about a pound and a half because of it. Hopefully I will keep losing now, because I really don't want to have to do another apple day.

Today I had egg whites on some of that organic lettuce-y stuff (which, depressingly, has started to get slimy and has since been thrown out). I bought some more bananas at work and had half one of those, and for dinner I had a roasted chicken breast and canned green beans.

It's funny...When I started the diet, I'd weigh out the portions, look at my plate and go, "Is that all I get?" And now, when I look at my plate I say, "Is the scale broken? Did I accidentally put too much on?" This diet has really given me a new perspective on portion sizes. My eyes are shrinking down to the size of my stomach! I hope to keep my portion sizes smaller than they were before the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment